As part of the Government ACT (“Action Counters Terrorism”) campaign, Counter Terrorism Policing have highlighted what we should be reporting to the police if we believe an activity is suspicious or a potential threat:
- Do you know someone who travels but is vague about where they are going?
- Do you know someone with multiple passports in different names?
- Do you know someone who looks at extremist material? Or shares or creates content that glorifies terrorism?
- Have you noticed somebody promoting hateful ideas or extremist views?
- Have you noticed someone receiving deliveries for unusual items?
- If you work in commercial vehicle hire or sales, has a sale or rental seemed unusual?
- Have you noticed someone buying large amounts of chemicals or gas cylinders for no reason?
- Have noticed someone acquiring illegal firearms?
- Have you noticed anyone storing large amounts of chemicals, fertilisers, or gas cylinders for no reason?
- Have you noticed anyone storing firearms which could be used for an attack?
- Observation and surveillance help terrorists plan attacks. Have you noticed anyone taking photos and observing CCTV or security arrangements?
- Cheque and credit card fraud are ways of generating cash. Have you noticed any unusual bank transactions?