- Prepare in advance and check through folders and records to ensure documents are up to date, or you know where the gaps are so you’re not caught unawares
- Make sure there is a dedicated space for the auditor to work and view sample documents
- If this is a repeat audit then make sure you have gone through previous recommendations and know how you have progressed them and if not why not
- Be honest with yourself and the auditor (nothing worse than an obvious cut and paste job on risk assessments!). Generally the person conducting the audit is there to help and provide constructive feedback so make the most of them!
Receiving the audit
- Once you receive the report ensure that you read through all issues and recommendations and add them to your risk reduction plan
Any audit process should be a positive process with the focus on learning and improvements!
Get in touch if you’d like to discuss our audit and inspection options – we’re here to help!